Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TURRET PROJECT JUNE.1 - The objective of this project is to create a stationary weapon that is capable of autonomously recognizing "targets". I plan to use a webcam to collect visual information, OpenCV to process the information, my laptop as the brain, servos controlled by a micro controller to position the weapon, and an electric airsoft gun as the weapon. I have had previous experience with OpenCV from a computational perception class, so making software for the turret to rudimentarily recognize what it is "seeing" shouldn't be difficult. Additionally, I have programmed micro controllers to make fairly complex digital circuits, like a digital tachometer and a line-following robot. Other than those bits of experience, this will be quite the ride for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment