Saturday, December 25, 2010

TURRET PROJECT DEC.2 - So I'm at the point of building the fundamental code on my Arduino Uno board, and realized I should specify what my goals are here. This project will comprise two design milestones, as shown below.
Turret Mk I
  • Two degrees of freedom
  • Manually operated by pushbuttons or joystick
  • Airsoft gun and laser site mounted on end effector
The second milestone will include everything from Mk I and the following:
Turret Mk II
  • Camera attached to the end effector, and linked to a computer for target recognition
  • Computer/software (most likely a custom program that uses the OpenCV computer vision library) to automatically manipulate the turret and "trigger" the airsoft gun, with no operator interaction
There is still quite a lot of work to be done, but Mk I is feasible in a very short time frame depending on how quickly the mechanical assembly of the turret can be completed. I'm probably going to buy an off-the-shelf pan/tilt servo assembly to expedite this, since it'll be simple and cost effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment